Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year

I cannot believe it is a new year. I simply love the feeling of starting fresh. One of my friends told me that she was not doing resolutions because they just set you up for failure. Well, isn't the risk of failure what makes something worth striving for? If everything you want to accomplish in the new year was easy - it would be called a "to do list" and we all have those every day of our lives, and they do not inspire me to get off my tushy and do something new. No, a resolution is something you "resolve" to work toward. The dictionary defines resolution as "A resolve or determination; to make a firm resolution to do something; the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose." I confess the last one is my favorite...firmness of purpose. That means that what I intend to do carries some weight; it will take some effort. The risk of failure is what drives me to do better...to be better. We have all heard many times that "Without a vision the people perish." It is good to have goals. I think it is even good to have failures. Failures are how you learn.
So, I want to know - what is your vision for 2011? Do you have a firmness of purpose? Have you resolved yourself to do more that a "to do" list?

P.S. the Red Waldorf Cake mentioned in my last post was very good. However, I would not recommend their choice of Creamy Frosting. It wasn't' great at all. Next time I will stick with a cream cheese frosting instead. :)

No comments: